Schedule, 1st Annual Milford Readers&Writers Festival, Sept. 30 – Oct.2,2016
Full Schedule Planned for the First Annual Milford Readers and Writers Festival
August 31, 2016
Milford, PA is buzzing in anticipation of the inaugural Milford Readers & Writers Festival, taking place Sept. 30 through Oct. 2, offering participants a host of both free and paid events that have been designed “to ignite conversations between people who love to read books and people who write them.”
There are so many incredible events and creative personalities, with more coming on board every day, it is useful to have a handy summary of the events both free and ticketed. Read on, and sign up for this-one-of-a-kind event in our own back yard. Who needs to go to San Miguel?
Events at the Milford Readers and Writers Festival Include:
- An open mic opportunity for adult readers and writers to share their stories at the *RAW After Dark* session in the second floor salon at the Dimmick Inn, on Saturday, Oct 1 at 9:30 p.m.
- Two panels with well-known science fiction writers at the Columns Museum (hosted by the Pike County Historical Society), in honor of the Milford Science Fiction Writers Workshop that was held annually from the 1950s to the early 1970s, on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. and Saturday, Oct 1 at noon.
- Programs with current and provocative writers on environmental issues, an homage to Milford as the birthplace of the American Conservation Movement, at Grey Towers National Historical Site, Sunday, Oct 2 at 11 a.m.
- Storytelling sessions for children up to 12 years of age at the Pike County Public Library on Saturday, Oct 1, from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- An opportunity for local teenagers to present their writing, and learn from authors of young adult novels. Also sponsored by the Pike County Public Library on Sunday, Oct 2, from noon to 3 p.m.
- A discussion by well known writers of cookbooks with the Fauchere Head Chef at the Hotel Fauchere on Sunday, October 2 at 11 a.m.
- A Women Writing for Women panel at the Waterwheel Cafe, Sunday, Oct 2 at 12:30 p.m.
- A Pop-up Bookstore at Patisserie Fauchere, with scheduled opportunities for participants to meet, and have their books signed by participating authors all day Saturday and Sunday, Oct 1 and 2.
The festival’s several ticketed events include Saturday’s mainstage headliners, Gloria Steinem, John Berendt, and MK Asante, and a performance of Alone-Ology (inspired by Maya Angelou’s iconic poem, *Alone*) Friday evening at 7 p.m. by Humans Collective, an ensemble of dancers and spoken-word performers all at the Milford Theatre. Individual tickets to the Humans Collective performance on Friday evening ($20 each) are now on sale at www.milfordreadersandwriters.com.
Early Bird Passes
The festival is also offering a limited number of Early Bird Festival Passes for $125. The Festival Pass includes tickets to all four mainstage authors events (Steinem, Berendt, Asante and a plenary session) and the Humans Collective performance. In addition, Festival Pass holders enjoy exclusive access to an authors’ cocktail reception at the Hotel Fauchere, where attendees will engage with the headlining authors individually. The price for a Festival Pass will increase to $150 on Sept. 6.
How to Attend
Visit www.milfordreadersandwriters.com for more information, or to purchase a Festival Pass or Humans Collective tickets. Individual tickets to the mainstage author events will be available On Sept. 6. And, please like us (or love us) on Facebook.
So don’t wait, don’t be left out in the cold, don’t miss this amazing line up of talent.